Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The lights are going out

Yes I know I've not been keeping my blog up to date. I haven't abandoned it just not had anything much to say that couldn't fit into a pithy 140 characters on Twitter which is my ranting outpost of choice these days.

Mind you it's not just me; I've noticed a lot of blogs have fallen by the wayside of late. Old Holborn gets paid to blog on blottr (sensible man), Steve over on Natural Yoghurt has hung up his blogging boots and I'm wondering if we might be coming to the end of an era when it comes to blogging. Some might say its because in the spate of a few well-publicised cases we've all become more aware that a careless, throwaway remark will have The Dibble kicking your door in at 3 in the morning and hauling you off for "hate speech" or some other trumped up charge under a law some NuLabour twat farted out of her arse a few years back. Certainly there's little in the way of those whistleblower / what really happens at work blogs left as employers have got wise to that and subtle and sometimes not so subtle pressures get applied; I can understand that having pulled my work blog some time ago

Maybe for some people keeping blogging day after day is hard going for no reward, and it's impressive some blogs have lasted this long.

I'm not closing the blog as I'm sure something will either tickle me to amusement or get me into an incandescent rage that I can't express in a little box on Twitter so keep an eye on the Grumpy Dragon from time to time as I'm sure I'll be back.

4 comments:

Blackpowder said...

You don't mean that I am going to have to learn how to play with Twater do you Grumpy?

Dracunculus said...

It's what all the cool kids are using these days Blackpowder. Even Mrs Grumpy is on there :)

Unknown said...

This article is mind blowing I read it and enjoyed. I always find this type of article to learn and gather knowledge.

Elektrownia fotowoltaiczna

RH said...

Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay if I contact you through email? Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10 gmail.com